Maximum IT security for your data
To ewl, the Stollen Lucerne Data Center means investing in a future-proof infrastructure. In the heart of the city of Lucerne, ewl built a highly secure and ecologically sustainable data center out of a former civil defense facility from the 1960s. Due to its underground location, the Stollen Lucerne Data Center offers the highest level of physical and IT security for your sensitive data. The substantial Swiss construction is able to withstand eight times atmospheric pressure. The data center is close to Lake Lucerne, yet built with enough elevation to rule out the risk of flood damage. Even the four-meter-high Lucerne tsunami wave of 1601 would not have been able to put a dent in the Stollen Lucerne Data Center, according to today’s estimates. Last but not least, the solid-rock foundation of Wartegg hill ensures conditions in the Stollen Lucerne Data Center stay bone dry.
- Maximum physical and IT security thanks to an underground bunker designed to withstand 8 bar overpressure.
- Continuous video surveillance, biometric access control and separation system in accordance with the highest security standards.
- Maximum fire protection thanks to O2 reduction, aspirating smoke detectors (ASD) and a fire protection system with prevention and intervention modi.
- As an experienced investor, ewl has financed the project itself.
- Clear, transparent ownership by ewl guarantees long-term stability.
- ewl’s grid control center ensures 24/7 infrastructure operability.
- The current on-call service guarantees the fastest possible intervention times.
- Continuous electronic access is ensured thanks to an independent, external and disaster-tolerant network connection with its own UPS.